Tuesday, February 16, 2010

PON Week 2 "Organize Your Schedule"

I will be attempting to follow the weekly schedule found in the book:
The book is available at Amazon and Barnes and Noble.

Week 2 is "Organize Your Schedule"


This Week's Goals:
~Find ONE daily planner to use.  I have been using my iPhone calendar app.  I like it, but it does make me nervous to think that if anything happens to my phone I have lost my calendar.  I also love google calendar and how they will send you a reminder through email.  I need to find a great calendar/organizer app for my iPhone.  Any suggestions?
~Sit down with your family and plan your week/month ahead of time so you can:
   *Schedule babysitters
   *Divide errands
   *Plan meals
   *Divide chores
     I think for us it would make sense to do this on a weekly basis.  We obviously do our calendars monthly, but a weekly check-in as a couple would be great.
~Gather all To Do items from post-its and other lists and make one main list in your planner.
~Sort To Do tasks by:
   A)  Tasks that need to be done today.  Schedule these in your planner.
   B)  Tasks that need to be done this week.  Schedule these in your planner.
   C)  Tasks that need to be done in the future.
   I am the queen of TO DO lists, but I really like the idea of breaking them into A,B, and C lists to prioritize.  I used to have a TOP FIVE To Do list everyday and it really made me prioritize what the five most important tasks were that needed to be accomplished.  I need to make more realistic To Do lists for myself.  There are only so many hours in the day and sometimes my To Do lists are not realistic for the time I have available.
~Once you have tasks sorted into categories, number the tasks in each category, in the order they must be accomplished.  Do you A (daily) tasks first, then B(weekly) or even C (future).  If you don't get all your A tasks done, make those unfinished tasks top priority for the next day.
~Schedule dentist and doctor appointments for the next year.
~Make a long term To Do list.  Use this list to write things down that you won't have to worry about forgetting.  I need to get working on this.




Good luck focusing on Organizing Your Schedule this week.  Please let me know how things go for you.  I am still looking to get caught up after a late start on these weekly focus areas so stay tuned for another one coming this week.

3 comments:

  1. i don't know if i can do this...

    hi, my name is lea, and i am hopelessly disorganized!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just started following you here too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found your blog looking for ways to organize my lists. I've found this quite useful. Would love to see pictures of how you set up in your planner your "daily" "this week" or future to dos... I'm having a hard time seeing how to best do that for me.

    ReplyDelete