Wednesday, February 3, 2010

PON Week 1 "Organize Your Mind"

I will be attempting to follow the weekly schedule found in the book
The book is available at Amazon and Barnes and Noble.

Week 1 is "Organize Your Mind"

According to the author the first step of organizing your life is organizing your thoughts and clearing your mental clutter. I know that mental clutter is a BIG obstacle in my life. I hold many important roles: wife, mother, teacher, daughter, sister, friend, and coworker just to name a few. Each role has myriad responsibilities and sometimes keeping on top of everything can be daunting.

I think the author's point that your long to do list is not what causes you stress, it's the way you feel about it. If you start to feel overwhelmed you may procrastinate and then accomplish nothing at all. That is so me! My WW leader said it best, Perfectionism leads to procrastination which leads to paralysis.

Goals for this week:

~Get a sufficient amount of sleep each night. I am an early bird and if I go to bed too late it sets my morning off the wrong way, it can impact my whole day in a negative way.

~Make a daily to do list. (this is a HUGE necessity for me). I am much more productive if I have a list to follow.

~Limit TV watching. Another big one for me. At night TV is my relaxation. I do notice that during weeks when there are no new shows on, I am able to accomplish much more.

~Schedule time to exercise. I have so much more energy when I have exercised.

~Schedule more "me time". I do a fairly good job of scheduling "me time". I have a wonderful group of ladies that gets together every night for GNO. Much cheaper than therapy I tell you! lol I try and schedule manis and pedis on a regular basis, but I should do this more often. I also should try and make sure that my mom and I do a monthly shopping/lunch trip. We always have such a great time together. This past weekend I went on a retreat with other women from my church (my mom went too). It was a fabulous weekend of female bonding and spiritual renewal! Even taking time to read a magazine or book (or catch up on blogs) can be your special "me time".

~Eliminate energy drainers in your life. I really need work on this. There is clutter all over our house and looking at just drains my motivation. I need to work on the clothes in my closet/master bedroom, our office, and the bookcase in the den. These would be the top three areas I should start with.

~Take control of your time. Set goals and break them into daily TO DOs. I am a list maker. I swear if I don't have a to do list to follow on a Saturday I accomplish next to nothing. My to do list keeps me on track and it motivates me to use my time wisely.


This chapter gives lots of food for thought. I think it is important to be in the right frame of mind to get your life organized. Your attitude and motivation will be key elements to successfully organizing your life.

I will be doubling up this week and doing the next chapter because Week 1 was pretty easy. Good luck

4 comments:

  1. Scheduling time to exercise is definitely something I need to make a priority. I know the answer is to do it before my lil' dude wakes up, but it's SO hard! ah ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to take control of my time...unfortunately, I probably need to spend LESS time on the computer!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was such a great reminder to me that I need to organize myself before I can get control of my house lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just stumbled on your other blog, which led to this blog, and this is the kind of stuff that I need to see! Thanks so much for doing this!

    ReplyDelete