Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Thanksgiving Dinner Menu Plan and tablescape preview

Thanksgiving Menu Plan:
Appetizers:
Salami/cheese/cracker tray
Crudites and dip

Dinner:
Turkey
Stuffing w/ golden raisins and walnuts
Mashed potatoes w/ gravy
Sweet potatoes
Green bean casserole
Corn
Cranberry sauce
Cranberry Fluff
Rolls

Drinks:
Wine
Sparkling grape juice

Dessert:
Pumpkin pie w/ homemade vanilla bean ice cream
Pecan Pie
Pumpkin Twinkie Dessert


A little preview of the tablescape.  Greg and I decided that we are going to use our formal china and flatware for Thanksgiving dinner this year.  We got most of this for wedding gifts and rarely use them (we do use the crystal often).  Please ignore the wrinkled tablecloth, I was just testing out the color combo.  The table linens have been washed and will be pressed for Thursday.

 Noritake Chandon Gold China
 Noritake Vendomme Crystal
Yamazaki Ariana Gold Flatware

I will post a photo of the complete tabslescape later.  I just wanted to give you all a sneak peak.  I hope all your Thanksgiving preparations are going well.  Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday because I love the food and hanging out with my family, without all the stress some other holidays bring.  A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving is also my favorite show of all the Charlie Brown movies.  :)

I bought the movie The Long Way Home for us to watch together as a family.


No comments:

Post a Comment