Thursday, July 9, 2009

Freezer cooking and a yummy recipe

The other day I bought 6 lbs of ground chuck as it was on sale for $1.88/lb. I used my electric frypan to cook all six pounds with chopped celery.

I used 2 lbs to make Sloppy Joe Sandwiches. I have used this recipe before and love it! I like to eat my sloppy joe on a bun with extra garlic powder and a slice of cojack cheese. I will serve it with chips and a yummy fruit salad I made.

I froze the other 4 lbs in two 1 lb packs and one 2 lb pack. I can use the meat for several different things like, chili, pizza hotdish, or calico baked beans.



I was able to get three loads of laundry done today and plan on getting another load done tonight. I started decluttering/organizing Drew's closet and need to get all the size smalls put away into a rubbermaid container.

No comments:

Post a Comment